Thursday, July 28, 2016

Finding Vivian Maier 2013 Documentary | Biography


Tried to post this on Monday but my internet connection was in and out during my wild west road trip.  I wasn't surprised to find I had no service while at the top of a mountain. I chose this film for the movie this week as a bit of inspiration for my trip. I knew I wasn't going to have a whole lot of time to paint so I was going to have to do my best at taking photographs.
When Vivian Maier's work first came out I was in awe.  Her work is captivating to say the least. With a lot of artists you admire you want to know what makes them tick, what makes them so great, how do they make their work seem so effortless. After watching this I'm on the fence about whether or not I wanted to know more. It's a documentary about her life told by the man who found her unprocessed work. After he started developing the rolls and rolls and rolls of film he took it to the next step to learn more about the photographer. He interviews the people who were in Maier's life and it's a very interesting story.
You can watch this on Netflix or here via Youtube. 

No comments:

Post a Comment