Monday, August 1, 2016

Georgia O’Keeffe 2009


The movie for this Monday, Georgia O'Keefe, mostly because I just went to New Mexico and thought it would be an appropriate segue for upcoming posts. I'm not a fan of O'Keefe, I don't think there's one single painting she's done that I like but that's what's great about her. I don't have to like her work. Somebody out there did/does and I think that's what makes the world go 'round. Someone who does like her work can fill me in on why they do and enlighten me.  As long as you have an open mind you can appreciate it. It's a lot like tapioca pudding. I won't eat it but I'm glad it's available for my crazy friends who choose to eat it. 

2 comments:

  1. Didn't know she and Steiglitz were a thing. Guess there are artists whose lives are more interesting than their work and vice versa. Steiglitz comes off as a bit of a weenie in this but he does have a couple photos I like (but then I like tapioca too...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Stieglitz's work, but I think he was a weenie in real life, not just the movie. I had to do some research on O'Keefe during my time as a docent. I'll see if I can dig out those notes and share them. I don't like her art and I didn't really find her life story very inspiring either, but then there's that tapioca.

      Delete