Monday, September 12, 2016

Edward Hopper and the Blank Canvas

Envy is not in my nature but there are two artists who I'd give my left eye if I could paint like them; Edouard Manet and Edward Hopper.  Maybe I should change my name to Edward? This is a great, hour long, documentary on Hopper, it even has interviews with him.
Here is a website with more information about Hopper. http://www.edwardhopper.net/ And some wise words from Hopper,  "No amount of skillful invention can replace the essential element of imagination."

2 comments:

  1. Wow! BEST treatment of him I've ever seen/read. Never knew actual video of him existed. Man that guy could put a rectangle in a rectangle and make it work. Always got the movie connection but this film really gets his personality. Thanks for finding this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I thought it was pretty great too. :-)

      Delete