Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Ribbon Cutting

Ribbon, scissors, ball 8x10 oil on gesso board
Considering how much I dislike wrapping gifts I'm perplexed as to why I have this large roll of ribbon. Seriously, why torture people by wrapping a gift then putting this stuff around it making it nearly impossible to open? One of my grandmothers would even put that clear tape around the box. That's absolute evil in the eyes of an eight year.  Almost like getting a soda at the drive thru and not getting a straw to go with it. So considering I don't even use the ribbon, and can't seem to give it away, I decided to make it somewhat useful and paint it. Surprisingly it was fun to paint.

7 comments:

  1. Wow...you are getting so good! This is my favorite kind of still life: real life related objects that suggest real life activities. Great color, crisp drawing (meaning decisive NOT tight). The slanted top of the roll is brilliant - it doesn't affirm the horizontal edge of the top and suggests space behind it and the background. This is going to be a good show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The slant at the top wasn't exactly intentional but I saw that it worked so it stayed.

      Delete
    2. That's what real artists do. BTW, I often jump off your blog list - it functions as a favorites list - your picture was better than Carol Marine's for the same day. Keep it up, we love it!

      Delete
  2. Wow! There is a freshness to this that is quite lovely. Well done!

    ReplyDelete