Friday, February 3, 2017

No Problem With Problem Solving

The other day a friend sent me a quote with some wise words in regards to painting. I absolutely love it when my friends do this. I love it when someone else starts a conversation about things that are interesting or mutually beneficial. Keep the gossip, rumours, political/religious, and over-all negative talk to a dull roar.  Better yet, put that crap on silent. The art world can be cruel and harsh and often times lonely. Critics can be mean, family members won't understand what you're doing and the self-doubt can be crippling. With all of this stacked up against us, why do we keep doing what we do?
Last night someone asked this question and I laughed, I do it to keep myself out of trouble. I don't want to be sent to the funny farm.  Another responded, he has no idea why and another response, to stay out of the bars.
Honestly, I think the whole world would benefit from picking up a paintbrush, or even just a pencil and start creating. Not because it's peaceful and oh so zen and hippie-like. It's because your problem solving skills and observation skills will grow exponentially. Who doesn't benefit from having excellent observation and problem solving skills?

1 comment:

  1. Good points. I know I'm guilty of getting bogged down in stuff like that. Love the tomatoes in cellophane. Trying to think of other "packaging" situations for WC class.

    ReplyDelete