Monday, April 10, 2017

In Search of Moebius (BBC 4 Documentary)


Your movie for this week, In Search of Moebius.  If you're not into comic books that's ok, you can still get something from this and perhaps even become a little more interested in comic books. You could be interested in a lot worse things.
The message I love most from this is that you don't have to lock yourself into a style. So many people will try to pin you down and insist you stick to one thing. You have to do it this way all the time. To me that's ridiculous. I can understand it from a commercial aspect. If you're well known for a particular style some people buying and selling your work want it to look like what you're known for. If you're not simply looking for fortune and glory then why limit yourself?

2 comments:

  1. He's wonderful. I think his breadth is part of his style. Of all the potentially un-likable aspects of contemporary culture, I think the concept of "brand" is solidly in my top five.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So you're telling me not to hold my breath for that t-shirt/handbag line? I've been waiting for that John Preston international lifestyle brand to come out!

      Delete