Monday, June 12, 2017

Abstract: The Art of Design | Official Trailer [HD] | Netflix


Your Monday movie this week is a series put out by Netflix called, Abstract:  The Art of Design. I stumbled upon it while looking for background noise while working on a project. At first that's what it was, then the person asking questions quickly caught my attention.  They were asking some of the stupidest questions and I thought this was a joke, possibly a spoof or something.  No, it's actually a series that showcases designers/artists of various genres. Shoe designers, stage designers, etc. The first episode focuses on Christoph Niemann and it's wonderful. When he began explaining his work I started rolling my eyes. Making stuff with Legos, it deserved an eye roll but keeping an open mind I could appreciate what he was doing. His work is fun and inspiring.
If you don't have Netflix search Youtube for the first episode.It may be morally corrupt and if we all end up in Hell for watching pirated videos on Youtube I'll bring the beer, you can bring snacks. 

4 comments:

  1. Well the trailer is sure "designed" to the nines. Lots of drum punctuated shot edits...British accent narration, and plenty of "I'm totally obsessed with what I do have I taken it too far yet?" statements. Have to look this one up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how I felt when I started watching it. I wish I could remember what it was that finally caught my attention to actually start watching it and not just listen.

      Delete
  2. Episode 1 about the guy at New Yorker magazine...thought the best insights were about creative doubts and artists practicing like musicians and athletes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree. He did have some really good things to say. There's another short documentary about him that I'm going to watch. I'm just not sure the person behind the camera did a good job. They seemed to be asking really ridiculous questions.

      Delete