Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Questions From a Girly Mag

Someone asked, what are the essentials when you go out painting? Am I the right person to answer this question? Today I left the house without my easel. Luckily I was only about a mile away from home when it occurred to me.  I always have a sketchbook with me so it wouldn't have been a total loss today but still. I'm now working on a post that will cover my essentials that I always take with me, or try to, when I go out on location.  It might be fun to see what everyone else packs. Either share your own post of essentials or message me with some things you must have when plein air painting. You can e-mail me or leave them in the comments section below. On top of that I'll pose this other question. Back in the day I was reading one of those girlie magazines, not a GIRLY mag just a girlie magazine. They posed the question, if you were on a deserted island and could only bring one beauty item which would you choose; lip balm, sunscreen, or mascara.  After compiling your list of essential plein air paintings items which ONE item would be your must have? Aside from easel, paint, brushes, the basics, what's one thing you absolutely need?

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Absolutely. Water, coffee, whisky, it's all necessary.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Always have at least one spare pair in the car at all times.

      Delete
  3. Camera....I know///I know but if I've forgotten any drawing or painting materials, I'd like to record the day with photos. I may not paint from them in the studio but they could trigger a fond memory of why I stopped and stared at something in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't disagree with you on this one. I still consider photography my hobby and why would I pass up the opportunity to take a good photo? Plus if you write a blog it's handy. It's nice to see the finished painting but if your blog is informative it's nice to show all aspects of plein air painting.

      Delete