Sunday, July 9, 2017

Up a Creek

Dry Creek Bed 31/2x5" watercolour sketch on Kraft paper
Up a creek but no paddle was needed. The summer temperatures and lack of rain have contributed to the drying up of this creek bed. On one hand it's sad, on the other I was ecstatic because I was able to get to places and see new things that I haven't been able to  before. Well, without getting my feet wet. These trees had fallen across the creek from the cliff side down to the lower lying land and they really caught the light nicely. I'm guessing after these trees fell it created a hole in the canopy that now allows the light to shine down on this spot. 

2 comments:

  1. Great job on the colors of the dead trees. Did you insert the water or was there some further up the creek?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. After I posted the pic I noticed it came out really dark and the shadows ended up looking like water. I'll show youin person and you can tell me if it still looks like water or not.

      Delete